Saturday, May 21, 2011

Today....

Byron's on his way.  I probably shouldn't be announcing that but he'll be in Newport tomorrow to start Officer Development School (a refresher on being in the Navy) and he'll be there for 5 weeks.  We've Skype'd already today and it was nice.  Made me miss him more.  Emma seems to be doing ok, liked seeing Daddy on the "puter" and laughed and smiled.  We told her he's at work and he is. 

In my missing him, I can't help but think of the men and women who are deployed for months and missing their families.  Deployments are part of Navy life, war or no war.  It's what they do, those wonderful Sailors.  I really am proud of Byron and what he is doing for his future and ours.  Things may be difficult here and there but you know, I think God...I know God has his hand in this.  We all prayed for God to lead us where we needed to be...it wasn't another job, it wasn't medical school, it wasn't more babies, but it was the Navy.  So, we believe we are right where we are supposed to be.  Don't you wonder sometimes what and how God directs your life?  I mean, I know He does but wow...sometimes, well, most of the time, I don't understand why or how.  I just know that I feel something inside of me that tells me God is in control and taking care of us. He always has, he's always taken care of my family and the people I love.  It's amazing, God's love.

Ok, so yes, I miss him very much.  I think this 5 weeks will be tough but we will be busy and I just know this house will sell in a week, right?! ;)  Yeah, right.  I hope it sells fast but I will miss our house.  It is the place we brought our Emma and I'll always love the house that covered us. Thank you Byron for creating this life for us, for our family.  We are blessed.


Go NAVY!

No comments: